Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Beet Root Palya

We all know that there are plenty of blogs that has amazing recipes out there in Google. I never thought one day I would be sitting and writing a blog that has recipes that I experiment in my kitchen. Well, what makes me feel good is that my blog is one among those plenty of blogs in Google. :)

Today I picked up this vegetable, which I never liked before when I was kid. I used to hate the color and the mess in my Tiffin box. Once I even got stains on my dress because of this dirty red vegetable. But now look what I found about this vegetable.

-       Nutrients in Beetroot like calcium, iron Vitamin A & C
-       Reduces Cholesterol
-       Reduces Blood Pressure
-       Cardiovascular Disease Prevention
-       Healthy Liver Function
-       Cancer Prevention
-       Glycemic Index of Beetroot
 
http://www.elements4health.com/the-bloody-beet.html

Yes it is one of the healthiest vegetable. I thought I must give it a shot and cook something out of this vegetable.

Trust me it was all worth…. It tastes delicious!!


Ingredients:

2 beetroots finely grated
1 cup of chopped onion
4-5 curry leaves
5 green chilies
1/2 cup of grated coconut
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon urad dal
1/4 teaspoon channa dal
1/4 teaspoon garam masala powder
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons oil
Chopped cilantro to garnish
A pinch of asafetida


-       Heat oil in a pan and add a pinch of asafetida.
-       Add mustard, cumin seeds.
-       Once they splutter, add urad and channa dal.
-       Add curry leaves, garlic and green chilies.
-       Add onions and sauté until turned golden brown.
-       Now add grated beetroot, salt, garam masala powder.
-       Mix well and cook for 5 mins.
-       Add coconut at the end.
-       Garnish with chopped cilantro.


Serve it hot with roti/chapathi.

No comments:

Post a Comment