Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Spicy Crackers

I miss India for its lovely monsoon season. I remember those days coming back from school getting drenched in rain. I love the smell of wet mud just before it starts drizzling. Everyone would put their raincoat on and hold their umbrella. But I would just carry the raincoat in hand and wait for rain showers. :)


My mom used to make hot “ Mensinakai Bajji” (Chilli Pakoda) Dad and I would love those hot pakoda and enjoy it sitting next to the window hearing the sound of the rain…Oh it was exhilarating! After all the refreshing memories my mouth is watering.

Little showers were here too. I am here to share Spicy Crackers that I made yesterday and enjoyed it with V sitting outside the balcony.

Ingredients:
1 cup of besan
6 green chillies
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon rice flour
1 cup of water
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon carom seeds (Ajwain/ Om seeds)
Pinch of baking soda
Oil to deep fry


-Mix besan and rice flour in a bowl.
-Add water gradually into it and make thick batter.
-Add all the ingredients and mix well.
-Heat the oil in a shallow pan.
-Dip the green chilli one by one in the batter and fry it in oil until turned into golden brown.

Serve with spicy tomato sauce.

3 comments:

  1. I'm quite tempted to try this but I am not sure if I can take in the spice level...but sure it's worth it ;) Keep posting...!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. but somehow the meninsinakai you get here does not quite have the flavor of india

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this would be something to have in a cold rainy day :) BTW, when do we get to try all this good food ?

    ReplyDelete