Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Crispy Brussel Afelia

Washington DC, was the first city that I enjoyed the most in US. I love going to DC because of two reasons, one its long drive with my V and two I get to taste variety food with my lovely friends.

Yes, this time when V and I went to DC, as usual K(our best friend) took us around the city. We had fun walking on the George Town Street, climbing that scary stairs (Exorcist Movie) and visiting all the art museums. At the end of the day we were starving, so we headed to China Town, where K had reserved a table at this lovely restaurant called Zaytinya Mediterranean Cuisine who serve food in small portion, which they call it “Mezze” style.-http://www.zaytinya.com


The food was delicious and this Crispy Brussel Afelia made out of Brussel sprouts became my favorite. It reminded of Indian flavor as they had seasoned sprouts with coriander seeds. I couldn't resist trying it on my own after I came back from DC.

Here is the recipe and hope you all would love it!!!

Ingredients:

10 brussel sprouts
2 teaspoons olive Oil
1 teaspoon crushed coriander seeds
1 teaspoon dried cranberries (Instead I used Raisn)
3/4 teaspoon salt

-Heat a pan and sauté bruseel sprouts cut into half pieces.
-Add olive oil and sauté until it turns golden brown.
-Add crushed coriander seeds and dried cranberries.

Serve with a fine blend of yogurt, olive oil, chopped garlic, pinch of salt and black pepper.

Note: K said “ don’t saute brussel sprouts too much as it might start giving a sulfurous smell which may not make the dish taste good”.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pic...looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool that you tried it out. Oh I also added some capers which you can find in any whole foods store. It gives a slight tart flavor. The dish at zaytinya had it too.

    ReplyDelete