Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Capsicum Masala : Bell Pepper Masala

There are some days when I run out of vegetables and I try to do some dish with rice or pulses. I know very lazy to go to the grocery stores. And one such lazy day I had only two bell peppers left over after I had made mushrooms with bell peppers. I thought of making bell pepper masala, which I used to eat in restaurants in Bangalore as Capsicum masala.


First as usual, I browsed through the net. There were so many delicious recipes. But I had to choose any one that was easy and quick. Finally I followed Vahrehvah.com and changed a little bit to my style.

I was not surprised at all, as the dish came out so good and I was happy to hear what V said!!! “You know to make variety of curries to go with chapatti. It is very tasty… I like it”

What more do I want!!! :) Lazy day also paid me well ;)


Ingredients:

1 cup green bell pepper cut into big cubes
1 cup red bell pepper cut into big cubes
1 cup finely chopped onions
2 teaspoon crushed peanuts
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 inch cinnamon stick
2 cloves
2 seeds of cardamom
1/2 cup dry coconut
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons of oil
Pinch of asafetida
Ginger/ Garlic paste (optional)

-       Dry roast peanuts, coriander, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, coconut and cloves.
-       Grind all of them together and make it a powder.
-       Heat a pan with oil and add mustard seeds. Once they splutter, add asafetida, onions and sauté it until they turn brown.
-       Add turmeric powder and also add the bell pepper.
-       Don’t over cook bell peppers, once they are half done add the mixture and mix it well.
-       Add salt at the end and mix it well.

Serve it hot with chapatti.

1 comment:

  1. Looks very yummy and colorful... will surely try this..

    ReplyDelete