Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Dessert Time!!!

Well, it’s been a while since I blogged as I was little sick and lazy.  Today I am feeling good, so thought about sharing one of my favorite dessert recipe with you all. There is a story behind me learning this dessert. I learnt this recipe from a very wonderful friend of mine.

She was expert in making this dessert and we all used to enjoy it whenever she got it for us at work. She taught me how to make this dessert with a perfection that makes mouth watering even today. I think I had the best time of my life with her at work either in our cubical or drinking tea in the pantry. We had our share of long walks after lunch at work. We rode bikes together, got stuck in traffic jams, discovered new roads, we even got drenched in the rain. In the evening we used to relish the melting Idly vada, or sometimes Bhel puri at our favorite food joints coming back from work. We enjoyed sharing pizza, fries, corn and a softy. We had a ball shopping together. We had our fun days for almost 3 years and things changed. Now I only wish wherever she is, may GOD give her all the happiness in life and some day if she happens to read this blog, she will know that even today I remember her deep in my heart. And her friendship meant a lot to me.

After meeting V, I got to know that this is one of his favorite desserts. So I was glad that I knew how to make it and thanks to you my dear friend :)

So this dessert is for all the sweet people whom I have met in my life and for all those friends who are with me in all my good and bad times in life.

This is made of highly nutritious Carrot roasted in ghee, melted in sugar, cooked in milk and garnished with all dry fruits… which I call it, CARROT HALWA :)


Ingredients:

2 cups of grated carrot
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
1 cup mixed dry fruit: cashew, raisin, and almond
2 teaspoons ghee

-Heat the pan, add carrot and roast it until you get the aroma of cooked carrot.
-Add few drops of ghee and roast it well.
-Add sugar and stir it well, so that it mixes well with carrot.
(You can add more sugar if required)
-Add milk and keep stirring for 6 to 8 mins with a low flame.
-Heat another pan separately, add ghee and roast the dry fruits.
-Add the dry fruits into the carrot mixture and mix well.
 
Serve it hot as dessert with Ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Hey sush, the halwa looks mouth watering and very easy to make. Will try it sometime as per your recipe.

    Your friend I am sure is also thinking of you and of the wonderful times the 2 of you have spent together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pallu.....I know you got to know which friend I am referring too :)

    ReplyDelete