Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Chilly Mushroom

August month is almost getting over; this year has been going really fast. I feel the year just began yesterday; In January we celebrated New Year in San José with our BFF, in February I left to India with a mission, in March I celebrated my success with all my new friends, Last day of April getting back home, my second trip to DC in may, 15th of June, the day I started to write my blog, End of July which was joy of my life on getting my new car!!!

I cooked mushrooms for the first time. Chilly mushroom was a mix of too many recipes picked up from the net and but at the end created my own with some additional ingredients. I used more of garlic that added very nice aroma and gave delicious flavor to the mushrooms. You can actually use any type of mushroom for this dish. I used Portobello mushrooms, as those are my favorite.

Well most important is mushroom contains good amount of Vitamin D and it really tastes good. I like this, as it will go well as an appetizer especially with wine. The key point is you shouldn’t add water when you cook mushrooms and drain out water completely when you wash them.


I made this Chilly Mushroom on a Sunday to celebrate the arrival of my new car :). It came out really spicy and yummy. Me, V and KJ enjoyed Chilly Mushroom in the patio with a glass of wine and candlelight.

Ingredients:

1 pack of Mushrooms
3 to 4 green chilly’s
2 teaspoons of finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon of grated ginger
1 onion finely chopped
1 green bell pepper cut into cubes
2 teaspoons of tomato sauce (I used hot and spicy Indian tomato sauce)
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of crushed pepper
1-½ teaspoons of Olive oil

-Heat the pan and add olive oil, then add garlic, ginger and green chilly’s.
- Once you get the aroma of garlic being roasted, add onions and sauté it until onion gets golden brown.
-Add mushroom cut into cubes and sauté it until mushroom leaves out the water.
-Add bell pepper at the end when you see mushrooms are cooked well, so that bell pepper will be crispy and tastes good.
-Add salt, pepper and tomato sauce and mix it well.

Serve it hot as appetizer with wine or any other choice of drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment